[clug] The next CLUG meeting is July 28th

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sat Jul 16 12:21:57 UTC 2016

    Has anyone got at topic they would like to present, or a topic
that they would like to see presented ?

One suggestion:

How to install NextCloud on a headless CentOS server  (if anyone is
able to present on this topic)

I could present on how to install a Minecraft server on a CentOS
headless server.  Not sure if there are too many interested in that
topic, though, and it would not take long as the installation is quite
simple.

I think these are the steps I used;
(create CentOS 7 headless server)
(log in a root)
yum update
yum install ntp ssh wget java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless.x86_64
java -version
(check if java 1.8 installed)
firewall-cmd --get-active-zones
(check to see which zone is active, it was 'public' on my server, then
open Minecraft server's listening port)
firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=25565/tcp --permanent
firewall-cmd --reload
reboot
(log in as user from the CenOS server's terminal interface (not via
ssh) as this connection must keep logged in when you shutdown your
client computer)
mkdir minecraft
cd minecraft
wget
https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.10.2/minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar
cp minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar minecraft_server.jar
nano startserver.sh
echo "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui" >
startserver.sh
chmod +x startserver.sh
./startserver.sh
(above starts server to create eula.txt, use 'stop' to stop the
minecraft server if required, but if I recall it will automatically
stop once it has created the eula.txt file)
vi eula.txt   (set eula=true)
./startserver.sh
(Install Minecraft client to your computer, and enjoy Minecrafting)
wget http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/launcher/Minecraft.jar
java -jar Minecraft.jar