[clug] Nextcloud (the OwnCloud fork) 9 released

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 4 03:30:45 UTC 2016

I just tried to install Nextcloud using the Software application in
Xubuntu 16.04 and a window popped up stating:

"Ubuntu One To install and remove snaps, you need an Ubuntu Single
Sign-on account."

WTF? Moments earlier I loaded Gnome System Monitor. What is a Snap and
why do I have to be tracked with an Ubuntu Single Sign-on account to
load software onto my PC?

John.