[clug] Tour Aotearoa 2016

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Feb 25 10:51:05 UTC 2016

All

I mentioned this to a few people at BeerSig

Tour Aotearoa 2016 is on right now, an unsupported bike packing event down
the length of NZ

http://www.touraotearoa.nz/

There is live tracking of the Spot Trackers for all 220 or so people riding

http://touraotearoa2016.maprogress.com/

Which is pretty cool as the map data for NZ allows quite a lot of detail and
the updates for the progress are pretty constant.

All riders have to stop at least 6 hours in every 24 hour block. Otherwise
they can ride however much they feel like along the course route.

A bunch of friends I ride with a lot are over there (Seb Dunne, Nathan
Versey, Dane Roberts, Lee Rice) so it has been fun tracking their progress
especially though parts of NZ I am familiar with.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
so i took a deep breath and became, the white girl with the hair