[clug] Why is my SSH port forwarding failing all of a sudden?

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Wed Feb 3 09:40:31 UTC 2016

And inexplicably everything is now working.  I had added
AllowTCPForwarding, PermitTunnel and PermitOpen all explicitly on, and
it still wasn't working.  I get home and now it is.  I tethered to my
phone to make sure I was coming in externally and now it still works.  I
remove the explicit directives and restart the ssh server and it still
works.

I cannot figure it out but will keep an eye on it to see if it
misbehaves again.  It's probably me, but I just cannot figure out what I
broke and how I fixed it.

Thanks Chris and others for input.

Tony