[clug] USB ADSL2+ modem?

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 20 01:13:55 UTC 2016

A new thread...

I realise that ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ has higher voltage requirements
than can generally be met by USB/USB2/USB3, but not sure if that
isn't a solvable problem that might already have been solved?

I can't find anything on the interwebs that gives me much encouragement.

Ideally, I would like to power my (bare/bridge) ADSL2+ modem from
my laptop's power supply/battery and the obvious way to do that would
be to use a USB-based modem.

My (Linux) laptop would then do the rest and I can (trivially?) keep
it patched etc. and keep a closer eye on what is really going back and
forth on the ADSL connection...

Anybody got any thoughts or recommendations?

cheers,

Bob Edwards.