[clug] Skolelinux

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Thu Dec 8 15:25:37 UTC 2016

    Hi,

Has anyone used or researched about DebianEdu ?  I was not able to
find any Australian schools using it. Does look interesting. I would
like to set up a DebianEdu suite for testing and trial.

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=skolelinux
Skolelinux is the Debian-edu project's Custom Debian Distribution
(CDD) in development. It is aiming to provide an out-of-the-box
localised environment tailored for schools and universities. The
out-of-the-box environment comes with 75 applications aimed at
schools, as well as 15 network services pre-configured for a school
environment. The simple, three-question installation requires minimal
technical knowledge. Skolelinux is Debian, which means, among other
things, that there are no license costs or worries, and that upgrade
and maintenance of the software can be done over the Internet with the
power of Debian's apt-get. The core goals of Skolelinux are
localisation and ease of system administration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skolelinux
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspLoadBalance

http://news.softpedia.com/news/debian-edu-8-operating-system-lands-as-a-complete-linux-solution-for-your-school-505922.shtml
Today, July 2, 2016, the Debian Edu / Skolelinux project is proud to
announce the general availability of the Debian Edu (a.k.a.
Skolelinux) 8.0 distribution designed for educational purposes.

https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160702

I wonder if it is related to https://www.edubuntu.org/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebianEdubuntu

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2011-February/003704.html