[clug] Bluetooth Mouse Lag

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 03:31:28 UTC 2016

On 27/08/16 12:38, Brett Worth wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a new Dell XPS15 computer and am having problems with my bluetooth mouse.
>
> The mouse gets very laggy under heavy wifi load.  This is discussed on the 'net for many
> users of this laptop but I can only see a fix for Windows and need the Linux equivalent.
>
> So under Windows you have to set "Bluetooth Collaboration" to "off".

That's Windows-speak. In Linux it's called "Bluetooth Coexistence".

> Does anyone know what an equivalent Linux setting would be?

AFAIK there isn't one (Registry setting).
I've seen a similar problem with a Microsoft branded bluetooth mouse, in
that case I had to disable wifi to get bluetooth to perform properly. YMMV.

If I was you I'd examine the module options with 'modinfo'. You might
also consider telling us which module is in use :)

> Regards
> Brett

Kind regards