[clug] This months meeting.

Rodney Peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 14 23:23:33 UTC 2016

On Friday 15 Apr 2016 08:21:04 Randall Crook wrote:
> Sorry all,
>
> I will be attending some Oracle VM training in Sydney that week and wont
> be able to make it.

I was not going to offer anything, believing that sufficient presentations were
on the agenda.

I'm prepared to bring in my 10 yo Laptop running a contemporary LXQT desktop.
Not anticipating that it would blow CLUGgers away, but it does have
applicability:

a	it's tall-screen and I use it mostly for presentations.  Yeah, I know up-
market projectors will do native wide-screen but the ones I'm usually expected
to work with do so only in a fuzzy, interpolated mode unless you have time to
mess about with display settings

b	LXQT is adequate for what many general computer users do

c	I've added the KDE apps pdfForts, Okular and Calligra.  Those run
surprisingly well on a 1.8 Ghz single-core and illustrate the flexibility
between desktops.

Should need only about 10 minutes to demo the above.

I won't demo dropping my Dell to the floor - probably too old to have an
accelerometer :-(

Cheers,

Rod