[clug] October CLUG - Thursday Oct 22 - Lightning talks - short focused fun for all

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Oct 1 07:29:18 UTC 2015

All

After BCG's excellent talk on linux audio software we are going to try
something a bit different this month.

So lightening talks have been presented at most linux.conf.au events in
recent years, there is an example page describing them and the 2007 lca
(Sydney) plan here

https://www.linux.org.au/conf/2007/LightningTalks.html

Format, we set up a timer visible to all at the front of the room counting
down from 5 minutes to 0. You have that time in which to present
something (hopefully) interesting to everyone at CLUG.

It can be on any fun, hacking, linux, hardware, open source, geeky thing you
want to talk about.

I will line up with Bob to have a computer we can display slides (pdf, or
open office presenter format) if you need them. (possibly the computer built
into the lectern)

Please email me (or the list) with a talk or multiple talks if you want to
get involved, good practice to sharpen presentation skills and staying on
topic in limited time.  Also useful to get the word out to convince people
to get involved or hacking on something interesting if you think it is of
interest to others.  Or to show of cool geeky ideas or talk about events or
whatever people may want to get invovled in.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary