[clug] IPv6 talks

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Nov 11 02:52:42 UTC 2015

On 11/11/15 11:10, George at Clug wrote:
[trim]
> Applications that came with Puppy Linux ran very well.
[trim]
> What I did find was that modern web sites with all their java and
> flash advertisements made web pages load very slowly, and run very
> slowly (the Netbook is using an atom CPU).  It was amusing to watch
> how one web page would then access so many other sites to load fonts,
> formatting, various images, advertisements, etc, that had nothing to
> do with the actual content that I was wanting to read. The netbook was
> running so slowly that I could watch them in real time, slowing
> accessing and loading.

Now you know why everyone uses ad blockers, so much so that some sites and
even some advertisers realize that they are losing too many eyesballs.

Well, I use blockers, and I have nothing against ads. I know that I get
free content because I pay for it somehow. I just am not ready to get
abused so much that the ads dominate the experience.

I apologise if this is too far OT.

[trim]

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)