[clug] Fixed IP or dynamic

Paul Wilson mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Mon May 4 17:16:40 MDT 2015

I've got a Linux Mythbox running on my home network and currently I'm
able to update my recordings from the MythWeb frontend because I have
a Fixed IP address and can route to my mythbox behind my firewall.
However I'm moving house and now have to make a decisions on to keep
my old provider or goto a slightly cheaper ($10/month)  ISP but loose
my Fixed IP address, and mail / hosting.

so is this a big deal what are people using to access there home
network who have a dynamic IP address?

Also domain/mail hosting recommendation, given that all I do now is
forward my mail to GMail as I like to access mail from Mobile and web
etc..

thoughts?
Paul