[clug] Standard Linux on Chrome book

da ro charlesaymard at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 23:19:37 MDT 2015

As Tony said, I just talked about this at the last meeting. I just put up
my slides online: you can get download them here:
https://userpage.fu-berlin.de/danielro/chromebook.pdf
I'd also be happy to answer any questions out of my experience.

Daniel

On 01/04/15 10:05, miloska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> not up to date, but I did this on a first generation chomebox.
>
> Back then the suggested process was to keep the chromos and install
> ubuntu next to it.
>
> - ~8G space for ubuntu - stick with the chromeos kernel
>
> => very limited space and limit kernel functionality (no NFS, no
> iotop).
>
> The bright side that it was super fast - I'm not willing to use any
> desktop with rotating disks since.
>
> I *think* some stuff changed since and you can boot up your own
> kernel, but do a research before buying.
>
> I ended up having a RPi for general tasks (headless) and using the
> chromebook with chromeos.
>
> YMMV
>

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM, jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:
>
>> Looking at

Got me thinking about using a standard Linux distro on a Chrome book.