[clug] Personal revenge [Not 'off topic' but

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sun Mar 22 19:32:26 MDT 2015

Thanks, Brad:

> In general (for all posters), please keep it objective and at least
> somewhat Linux related.

Here is an excerpt on privacy-oriented Linux distros.

{In the next pages, you'll find five Linux distributions designed with
anonymity and general privacy protection as their primary objectives.
The first selection criterion was ease of use for beginners and being
actively maintained. There are other similar distros out there, but some
haven't been updated for a long time.

Next, we deliberately chose systems as diverse as possible, in order to
give you an idea of the many faces of (Linux-based) secure computing.
We've tested these distros as virtual machines or in live mode and we've
also noted how they will cope with wired and wireless Internet
connections. In all cases, the primary goals were to check how complete
each system is, and how easy it is to start using the most
privacy-sensitive applications in their default configurations.

      Our selection

IprediaOS
Liberté
Privatix