[clug] SANE and scanners

Simon Oxwell soxwell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:59:47 MDT 2015

On 20 March 2015 at 13:00, James Ring <sjr at jdns.org> wrote:

> Which frontend and backend are you using?
>
> You might want to mess with some gamma correction stuff, I think xsane
> gives you a nice way to do that. Also you can try asking on the SANE
> mailing lists: http://www.sane-project.org/mailing-lists.html
> (specifically sane-devel).
>
> Regards,
> James

Hi James,

I'm using the plustek backend, and the scanimage command from the command
line (want use one either phpSANE or php-scanner-server in the long run,
which use the scanimage command), both from SANE 1.0.24. I've also tried
xsane, same result.

I have also tried the gamma correction (gamma4scanimage is certainly your
friend in that regard) to no avail.

I strongly suspect I'll be joining the sane-devel list . Thought I'd give
CLUG a try first.

Simon