[clug] SANE and scanners

Simon Oxwell soxwell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 19:14:24 MDT 2015

Hi all,

Has anyone had a go with SANE and scanners under Linux?

I'm running what seems to be the lastest of the SANE backends  (1.0.24).
I've got things working, but I seem to have an odd brightness issue, where
scans are noticeably light on the left and dark on the right. I've made
sure I've run the calibration mode and that doesn't seem to have helped.

Anyone have any suggestions? My google-fu hasn't turned up anything useful.

(Scanner is an old CanoScan N650U, which doesn't exhibit the same issue
under Windows. Driving the scanner is the last thing I'm using Windows for
at home)

Simon