[clug] Embedded Linux

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sun Mar 8 00:16:21 MST 2015

I have been reading Doug Abbot's book "Linux for embedded and real-time
applications", 3rd edition. It refers to a lot of technical terms, that
I have been looking up. The author likes the KDE desktop environment. I
have been reading the introduction, on getting started.

The author has disdain for commercial end-user licences. And he notes
the ubiquity of embedded systems.

The author describes various Linux distributions. But he continues with
Fedora for the rest of the Book!

The introduction to Linux is technically detailed. So I found myself
looking up a lot of the concepts.
:-[

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/