[clug] The biggest mass surveillance... now the oxymoronic(?) Internet Privacy (for Linux)

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:14:13 MST 2015

On 02/03/15 01:15, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> Scott:
>
>> Yes - *other* than mailing lists, for reasons too lengthy to bore you
>> with. (though every post I make to mailing lists causes enigmail to
>> pop-up and ask whether I really want to send an unencrypted, unsigned
>> email).
>
> I'd like referral to an introductory work on privacy.

Offhand I don't know of any introductory work on privacy for linux, (but
then I don't believe there can be a reasonable expectation of "privacy"
in the context of "internet" - perhaps I'm not alone?). More likely I
just misunderstand what you want (I can be a bit thick).

Though I presume you've already done so, and therefore read this, here's
a result I found when I used those search terms:-

http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/introduction-linux-security

Hope that helps.

Kind regards