[clug] Small device fir mythtv frontent.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:55:59 MST 2015

On 2 March 2015 at 09:33, Miller-Kelly, Cody <cody at themiller.co> wrote:
> Plex Home Theatre

On this note, what do others use here? Specifically for streaming
files from linux to a smart TV. In my case I have a Sony Bravia and
was a big fan of ps3mediaserver, but the project seems dead and it's
no longer in official repositories since about Ubuntu 13.10.

I tried plex but it just didn't float the boat, laggy, picky about
media formats, seemed to be a resource hog.

I note the Universal Media Server that has forked from ps3mediaserver
but it too seems buggy, also tried a barebones integrated streaming
thing but forget its name. Currently I've given up, anyone got
pointers into where I should invest/waste time getting this to work
again?

ta