[clug] HWR question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Mar 1 01:28:17 MST 2015

On 01/03/15 17:02, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2015, at 15:18, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> So I am looking at interfacing a 3.3v mcu to a 5v device (over i2c).
>
> Here’s one option:
>
> http://letsmakerobots.com/node/39234
>
> I have not tested this, so I make no claims as to the performance of this solution.
>
> I have one of those level converters, so if you want to test it out let’s make a date to meet at MHV, any night next week but Monday is good for me, and I think we are trying to get “Electronics Night” up and running again for Thursdays.

I agree, and these devices are what I will use. I actually bought one from AX a few months ago,
but when I unwrapped it this week I found it to be an RS232 device, where the lines are probably
not bidirectional.

The device I highlighted in the question was different, it did not have active signal conversion
and I could not see how it is safe al all.

Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)