[clug] Pointless time-wasting bash questions

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Jun 26 02:12:42 MDT 2015

On 26/06/15 15:24, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 26/06/15 14:42, Bob Edwards wrote:
[trim]
>> If I wanted to play with 'doze or
>> MacOSX, I'd probably bother learning how to use Excel or ...
>
> Excel? I thought that was only for displaying tables and other things
> that don't process data. My bad.

Oh boy! My experience is that in the business world a person learns *one* tool and uses
it for everything. When you have a hammer and all that.

I knew people doing doco, meetings, discussions, presos and whatnot in excel.
Most emails were an embedded excel that held the actual content. Really.

Just saying.

>> Horses for courses.
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Bob Edwards.