[clug] Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 25 June 2015

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 24 22:45:21 MDT 2015

On 25/06/15 13:50, George at Clug wrote:
>      Does anyone have any interest or experience with OpenMeetings or
> Asterisk ?  They could make interesting topics for conversation?
>
>      http://openmeetings.apache.org/
>
>      http://www.asterisk.org/
>

> At Thursday, 25-06-2015 on 13:39 Tony Breeds wrote:
>

> Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 25 June 2015
>
> Date:          25 June 2015 (Fourth Thursday of the month)
>
> Time:          19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
> Speaker:       Group discussion
>
> Abstract:      As we set out in Decemeber June meeting will be a
> discussion on
>                 how we think the last 6 months of CLUG
> has gone.  We'll also
>                 discuss any improvments that can be made.
>
> Venue:         Room N101
>                 Computer Science and Information
> Technology Building
>                 North Road
>                 The Australian National University
>
>                 See http://clug.org.au/ for more
> directions and a map
>
> Food/drink:    Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
>                 about $6 to cover the cost of your share
> if you
>                 want some.
>
> Yours Tony.

Yes I'm interested, but I can't attend tonight as I'm out of town.

I would like to be able to run virtual meetings for a small group of people.

As a full blown PBX Asterisk strikes me as overkill not to mention
having serious security risks from phone hackers attempting to make free
calls.

I was unaware of Apache OpenMeetings which sounds interesting.

I've registered for the demo site but haven't got any further yet.