[clug] Stupid scroll bar! -> window resizing

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:29:20 MDT 2015

On 08/06/15 17:53, Peter Barker wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2015, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
>
>> Whereas I have an issue with window edges. These seem narrow and finicky!
>>
>> {To resize your window horizontally and/or vertically:
>

> OK, some good news in all of these threads.
>
> You don't need to exactly target the corners or edges to resize your
> windows.
>
> Put the mouse over the window you wish to resize, towards the edge you
> want to move.  Towards a corner if you want to move multiple (adjacent
> ;-) edges.
>
> Hold down the ALT key (either one).
>
> Middle-click-and-drag in the direction you wish to move the edge/s.
>
> You might also like to see what happens if you left-click-and-drag while
> holding down the ALT key.
>
>> www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/
>
> Yours,

Sounds useful - but doesn't work with KDE for me :(

Also...
Often you'll find your window manager will allow you to change the
default size and position of windows on a per application basis.

In some cases you can modify the width of window decoration. e.g. KDE ->
System Settings -> Application Appearance -> Style -> Configure widget
styles -> Scrollbars -> scrollbar width/top/bottom arrow type

In most cases you can select a style that will give you the edge width
you want (or modify it to suit your needs).

Kind regards

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?