[clug] Iview not working for fedora 20

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:14:37 MDT 2015

On 08/06/15 17:13, Paul Wilson wrote:
> I did get download using the Python script no problems , however the
> episode I was trying to watch expired and it not available on iview
> free now.... doh..

Did you try searching for it on youtuber? I've had some success at
finding old episodes of Four Corners and Media Watch there.

I only gave brief instructions for using python-iview.

For posterity see attached for the full process to install it on an
apt-based system (translate to suit your package manager, replace 'su -c
"something"' with 'sudo something' if you use sudo)

Many thanks to Jeremy Visser for python-iview. No thanks to the ABC for
trying to block it and disingenuously conflating free-to-air, DRM, our
right to record free-to-air, their ownership of taxpayer funded content,
and their no-compliance with accessibility guidelines.
http://static.sunriseroad.net/jeremy/documents/abc-python-iview-letter-20120807.pdf

> thanks all..
> Paul

<snipped>