[clug] Iview not working for fedora 20

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Jun 7 20:38:06 MDT 2015

    Paul,

When accessing iView on the ABC site, my Android phone says "Goole
Play Store needs background data to be enabled, Enable , Quit".  I
don't enable this on my phone, and so I was unable to play the video.
Why would Google insist on users connecting to their Online Store just
to play free videos from a web site ? I don't like companies that
insist on you using their "Store" to be able to do anything useful on
your computers (phones, tablets, laptops, or desktops).

Google Play is Google's renamed and rebranded Android Market online
store for purchasing and downloading apps, music, books, movies and
similar content for use on Android-powered smartphones, tablets,
Google TV and similar devices.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/five-things-you-may-not-know-about-google-play/