[clug] Stupid scroll bar!

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 08:27:52 MDT 2015

On 07/06/15 23:21, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> On 07/06/15 19:09, Scott Ferguson wrote:

>> set to 5
>> set to True
>> general.smoothScroll;true
>> set to True
>
> All of the above are set that way,

> this is the default.

Yes (I had to check - I track changes to /etc but not to mozilla/profile)

>>> Tried both and they are unrelated (do not change left mouse button
>>> action) :-(
>>
>> As well as the configs I've added above (and the values) you may need to
>> check your system mouse setting.
>>

>> See attached dump of all my config settings for scroll and mouse (many
>> will *not* be relevant). Note: it's probably a lot quicker to
>> set/unset/show the values using the developer console instead of
>> about:config
>
> Way too much to try.

Sorry - I should have suggested you dump your configs, and then diff
against mine.

user.js may show any non-default customisations, prefs.js will show
non-default customisations (configs from user.js are imported into it).
You may not have user.js - the profile I use has been updated over many
years and has some older config files.

I'm guessing the problem is not related to a style - but that should be
easy to prove.

> I did browse the config and tried many that looked
> relevant
> but so far none enabled left button paging.

Have you checked the system mouse settings? (button order, mousewheel
scrolls by x lines, etc).

<snipped>