[clug] Iview not working for fedora 20

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 06:09:09 MDT 2015

On 07/06/15 21:29, Paul Wilson wrote:
> Anyone using Firefox to view abc iview?

Not anymore - I don't recall the last time it did work :(

> It used to work  but now it throws an error,  even though my windows pc
> works fine
> Paul

The ABC iView FAQ says minimum of Fffflash 11.7 is required.
(Iceweasel/Firefox on Linux only gets 11.2.x)

Google Chrome works.

Have you tried python-iview? It gives you a program list and lets you
download the program as an .flv. More importantly it "just works".

wget https://github.com/vadmium/python-iview/archive/master.zip
unzip python-iview-master.zip
su -c "apt-get -y install python3 python3-minimal python3.2
python3.2-minimal python-beautifulsoup rtmpdump"
cd python-iview-master
./iview-gtk

Kind regards

--