[clug] fedora 22 ignores hibernate file

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Jun 6 22:21:11 MDT 2015

A few days ago I upgraded f19->f22. After some minimal hiccups it is running (sort of) OK.

One issue if that after I hibernate the machine, when rebooted it does a cold boot every time.

I did not notice any message suggesting an attempted wake-up has failed.
Neither did I see a warning about a failed hibernate, I do see the usual count 10%->100%
writing to disk before the machine turns off.

I think that it now wakes-up on mouse activity - I am sure this was disabled years ago. This
needs further testing.

Can I tell if the hibernate failed? How?
Can I tell if a wake-up was attempted? How?

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)