[clug] KVM and PCI pass-through

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 2 17:35:58 MDT 2015

Anyone on list had any experience with PCI pass-through in KVM?

We have had some partial success in getting an old PCI DAQ card
"passed-through" to an ancient copy of Windows 2000 running as a
KVM guest on a Debian Jessie host. There were issues with shared
interrupts causing some problems which we were able to resolve,
but we still have some issues with reading some memory areas from
the DAQ card.

Have also tried it with VirtualBox with less success.

Next step is to try it with a Linux guest and write some code on
the guest side to see what we can see.

Any other tips or warnings?

cheers,

Bob Edwards.