[clug] sys-time in LXC guest [Was: QubesOS event channels clarification [Was: Re: Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 23 July 2015]]

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Tue Jul 28 00:43:16 UTC 2015

> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:12 AM
> From: "Paul Harvey" <csirac2 at gmail.com>

> Now if you want to really brace yourself for the real design decisions
> behind systemd, the future and perhaps the end of general purpose
> computing environments as we know it, try this:
>
> http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html

Interesting read, though right at the end there is almost a throw away sentence;

<quote>
I'll be talking about this at LinuxCon Europe in October. I originally intended to discuss this at the Linux Plumbers Conference (which I assumed was the right forum for this kind of major plumbing level improvement), and at linux.conf.au, but there was no interest in my session submissions there...
</quote>

which raises the question as to why the lack of interest. Guess there is another side to the story?

Owen