[clug] Man pages.

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 00:42:08 UTC 2015

On 28/07/15 06:26, Mike Carden wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com <mailto:scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     On 27/07/15 12:49, Lana Brindley wrote:
>     > On 27/07/15 11:40, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>     At best readability tests ensure you avoid common grammar mistake and
>     help keep documents free of unnecessarily long words out of
>     documentation.
>

> There has t be some law of the Internetz that requires you to make those
> two errors in a sentence discussing the difficulties encountered when
> trying to write properly.  :)

:D

I must of been channelling Yogi Beara.

There's a precept which pre-dates the intertubes that applies:-

"The blacksmith's horse generally goes unshod."

With hindsight I kind of wish I'd deliberately written that gibberish.
Self-deprecating irony has it's charms, I'd never fit my head through a
doorway without it.  :)

(and fast typed stream-of-consciousness list posting has it's pitfalls)

Kind regards

--
"I use readability tools, I also try and employ critical thought, and I
rely strongly on proofreaders. I'm not a professional writer. I've used