[clug] Man pages.

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Sun Jul 26 22:48:32 UTC 2015

On 24/07/15 19:37, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
>
>> These toolkits are now all developed on github and it begs
>> the question if I should use something else to write the documentation
>> (markdown?) and then create the man page from it via some tool.
>
> Please test text for readability, using software such as the following
> site.
> http://www.online-utility.org/english/readability_test_and_improve.jsp

I tested that paragraph at that website and it says it should be
comprehensible ("understood") by someone with between 7.75 and 9.71
years of formal education (depending upon which "index" you subscribe
to). So, someone with a (basic) Yr 10 certificate.

What level of education do _you_ think posts to this list should be
striving for?

I really can't see anyone methodically (sorry...) testing each post
to this (or any other) list for readability at such a site before
hitting the "Send" button...

cheers,

Bob Edwards.