[clug] New desktop PC

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 08:18:44 UTC 2015

Here's a fine discussion starter.

My main desktop PC is rather old and in need of an update. How old? It's a
1.8GHz Intel E2160 (two cores, yay!) with 2 gig of RAM.

I think I may have an Odroid or two with more grunt than that. :)

So... I'm after a motherboard, CPU, RAM and disk to make a new system that
must run Linux with good USB support and a pair of monitors. Main heavy
lifting task will be DSP so more cores are good and speed is good.

Ideally I want to either buy something online or walk up to a Computer Fair
vendor and haggle over some chips.

Ideas?

--
MC