[clug] Comments requested: "Why Windows Users Can't Switch To Linux"

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Jan 31 01:46:24 MST 2015

I first noticed contradictory statements:
     * "Comments requested";
     * "Can anyone fault it?";
     * "No snide remarks";
     * "Take issues up with the video’s creator.".

Taken together, I think those mean "Agree with me." or "Tell me how
right I am.". Unfortunately, I scored low on the personality trait of
agreeableness! So I am sensing a psychological game called "Ain't it awful".

I recently read in a science magazine, an article summary saying that
non-scientists had different views about scientific issues, than did
scientists. Yes, that's unsurprising; that was market research! And
similarly non-Linux-using Windows users have different views about the
usability of Linux, than do Linux gurus. I have a Windows-using friend
who considers Linux to be an insanity-provoking monstrosity that dumps
you into an insoluble command-line problem at the slightest quirk!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/