[clug] Diagnosing display freeezes

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Wed Jan 28 17:44:21 MST 2015

Andrew said:
"If however it happens based upon certain X events..."
How do I work this out? What constitutes an X event? Keystroke? Change
active window? Mouse move? The first two are how I know it's frozen so
I guess they could be the cause as well as the symptom.

Thanks for the suggestons, still not winning yet:

 [hal at davis 11:40 ~] sudo smartctl --health /dev/sda
smartctl 6.2 2013-07-26 r3841
[x86_64-linux-3.10.0-123.13.2.el7.x86_64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-13, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED

[hal at davis 11:40 ~] ll /var/log/Xorg.0.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 113K Jan 29 10:00 /var/log/Xorg.0.log

[hal at davis 11:40 ~] ls ~/.[xX]*
zsh: no matches found: /home/hal/.[xX]*