[clug] Software ergonomics

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:11:03 MST 2015

On 28/01/15 20:42, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> Thanks, Scott:
>
>> As an *administrator* you *do* need to learn the commands, only when
>> they fail do you need to understand the error messages.
>
> I have just ordered the following two library books.

No harm in taking on big challenges, but you 'might' want to start with
the basics (the Dummies book is basic, the embedded one is not).

Walk before run with the bulls? :)

May I recommend:-
http://debian-handbook.info/get/

Most of it will translate into Ubuntu.
OpenMoko supports Android, Debian, Gentoo, Qt Extended Improved, QtMoko,
and SHR. I don't know which you have installed on yours. From the CLI
they are all very similar, just differing mainly in package management.

<snipped>

Hope that helps

Kind regards