[clug] The biggest mass surveillance scheme in Australian history

Adrian Blake adrian.blake41 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:44:27 MST 2015

Read intro then chapter 5 talks about costs.  I look at it this way.  If
the Government, who now becomes the customer, wants the data then they must
pay.  I have,  you want, you pay. Simple. If they don't pay  and the
supplier bears the cost then it is a tax on a selective industry group.

In Estonia they have a single identity card for almost everything,  from
banking, purchasing, driving, medicat to voting in elections. It doesn't
track telecommunications but a lot of other stuff. Could you not gain as
much intelligence this way. Different data but a lot of information.

Adrian