[clug] Networking For Dummies

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Feb 28 01:09:39 MST 2015

I have been reading Networking All-in-one For Dummies, 4th edition, by
Doug Lowe. And I've just finished Book 1. This covers networks,
protocols and standards, hardware, and operating systems.

The library book is so thick that a cafe worker mistook it for a
telephone directory!

But I felt inspired to configure a new cable modem.

There was a historical introduction. And I looked up lots of technical
terms.

I attempted to connect my printer via Ethernet to my cable modem. But I
gave up--reconnecting it via USB to the PC!

The operating system chapter dealt almost exclusively with Windows!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/