[clug] DIY cloud services?

George at Clug Clug at goproject.info
Sun Feb 15 16:25:33 MST 2015

http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), provides developers and IT
teams with secure, durable, highly-scalable object storage. Amazon S3
is easy to use, with a simple web services interface to store and
retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web. With Amazon S3,
you pay only for the storage you actually use. There is no minimum fee
and no setup cost.

http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity/index.html

DUPLICITY

Encrypted bandwidth-efficient backup using the rsync algorithm

WHAT IS IT?

Duplicity backs directories by producing encrypted tar-format volumes
and uploading them to a remote or local file server. Because duplicity
uses librsync [1], the incremental archives are space efficient and
only record the parts of files that have changed since the last
backup. Because duplicity uses GnuPG [2] to encrypt and/or sign these
archives, they will be safe from spying and/or modification by the
server.

The duplicity package also includes the rdiffdir utility. Rdiffdir is
an extension of librsync's rdiff to directories---it can be used to
produce signatures and deltas of directories as well as regular files.
These signatures and deltas are in GNU tar format.

http://kappataumu.com/articles/cloud-backups-duplicity-s3.html

http://ddevnet.net/posts/backup-amazon-s3-2014.html

http://thomassileo.com/blog/2012/07/19/ubuntu-slash-debian-encrypted-incremental-backups-with-duplicity-on-amazon-s3/