[clug] The end of the personal computer age is nigh !

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Feb 14 05:12:56 MST 2015

Brendan:

> For example, I find the convenience offered by petrol-fueled vehicles
> overwhelming.

You don't need to go the whole hog. I drive a full-hybrid Prius. Whose
fuel consumption is half that of a sedan, and a third that of a 4WD!

> I don't understand why people don't get that "the horse has bolted"
> and give up on "fiddling with the barn doors", with crazy
> schemes such as push bikes, electric/hybrid vehicles, light rail,
> solar cars, bio-diesel etc.

I was employed teaching kids to wear bike helmets. Then the medical
fraternity complained that mandatory helmet-wearing made cycling
unpopular. Leading to a generation dying from heart disease!

> Why don't they just accept that petrol has won and trust the
> law-abiding oil companies, who only have our best interests at heart,
> to do what they are much better able to do than we are?

My experience in an oil company was that it prostituted science!

-- www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/