[clug] Photo management?

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Wed Dec 23 12:15:20 UTC 2015

Yes, Jeff:

> As an aside, is anyone else/everyone getting bombarded by Spam on this thread?

Over and over, very persistently! It was using this Subject.

> I've got 10 spam emails on this thread alone since yesterday.

Sexual solicitation with photos of a tarted-up sex worker!

> Just a bit surprised as I rarely see spam.

I wondered where the hook of a familiar Subject came from?

> Just your typical Spam/Phishing, "I'm a hot girl, see my photo, all you need to do is fill in this form with your credit card, address etc, not that it will be charged" and so on.

I didn't get that far since I recognised the malicious/commercial nature
of the messaging!

I looked at the Full Header, and saw my e-mail address referred to in
numerical format (1234567.987654 at host.com.au etc). So I realised that
something was wrong. Also the photo (jpg) file sizes looked rather
small. Then the sender's host was "under construction".

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/