[clug] comparing the output of two saved 'ps' listings... 'watch' on saved files vs live cmd - possilbe?

Steve Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Sat Dec 19 08:13:15 UTC 2015

Francis,

worked a treat.
The -y & -z highlights were very good - the same sort of markup that ‘watch’ does.

I don’t need -1 or the -d options - ‘ps’ listings tend to be very similar, but never identical.
not that many processes remain ‘unchanged’ over time.

I run an Ubuntu LTS, so ‘wdiff’ is there in the repo.

Many thanks & Merry Christmas

steve

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design