[clug] Stolen Laptop/Phone Tracking Software

Lana Brindley mail at lanabrindley.com
Tue Dec 15 06:00:05 UTC 2015

Where's My Droid is awesome, even at the free tier: http://wheresmydroid.com/index.html

If you have a Garmin smartwatch (the Vivosmart or Vivosmart HR), the find feature on that is quite neat, too. I assume other smartwatches have a similar feature.

One gotcha is to make sure your phone doesn't have a battery-saving mode that means it turns off services when it's asleep, though. It means when your phone goes missing that whatever location system you're using (Where's My Droid and the Android/Google device location services) won't be able to wake up the phone to make it ring. Learned that one the hard way.