[clug] unusual password retention in browser

Paul Harvey csirac2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:43:44 UTC 2015

On 14 August 2015 at 15:35, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
[snip]
> It is disappointing for me to discover that my password keeps floating about
> long after the login was completed. Who cares about the ***** often shown
> then?

For what it's worth, it's these exact shenanigans and awful copy-paste
security that prompted QubesOS developers to write their own
window-managers and clipboard handling.

Having said that, I just a few days ago opened a Disposable VM to see
what a friend's (hacked) site was doing, feeling pretty smug that I
had such great features in my new favourite OS to do so safely.

Only to then close down the DisposableVM window, and then accidentally
middle-click the bad URL into the original firefox session (in my
"personal" workspace) that I had originally copied the URL out of...
it turns out that not even Qubes can save me from my own PEBKAC
moments :)

--
Paul