[clug] unusual password retention in browser

Paul Harvey csirac2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:15:33 UTC 2015

Is it possible one is from the middle-click/selection buffer and the
other from the clipboard? I.e. is it possible you middle-clicked as
well as ctrl+v (or equivalent)

Having written some javascript to do clipboard manipulation about 5
years ago, I know first-hand how hard it is to deliberately access the
OS clipboard from the browser (requires the help of a java applet,
flash, sliverlight & friends) - standard browser JS DOM simply does
not allow any interaction with the clipboard, read or write.