[clug] Deltaprintr assembled - but doesn't do anything

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Aug 11 11:38:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

A week or so ago I finally assembled my DeltaPrintr, a 3D printer using the
'delta' arm system.  It's all together and ready to go, but when I apply
power the blue LED on the controller board turns on... and nothing else
happens.  The motors don't move, the heater element doesn't heat up, the LCD
screen doesn't turn on.  As far as I can see everything's plugged in correctly.

Does anyone know how to interface with these things?  There's a USB port
that provides a serial link, but I'm not sure how to either get diagnostics
out of it or to control it to see what's working and what isn't.

I have tried reflashing the firmware, which seemed to build and upload to
the controller board correctly (LEDs flashed on the board for a while and
the Arduino IDE told me it had uploaded).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul