[clug] Printer driver

Rodney Peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 7 22:43:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 22:12:16 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 07/08/15 19:09, bryan at netspeed.com.au wrote:
> > My PC is 32-bit. Running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
> > My printer is Brother HL-3150CDN
> > I think that the relevant drivers are at the site below.
> > http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl3150c
> > dn_us_as_cn&os=128

No - that's the Windblows stuff.  Australian distributors don't allow Linux ;-)
You need:

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/linux/en/index.html?c=au&lang=en&prod=hl3150cdn_us_a
s_cn&redirect=on

> > I am feeling lost. I currently have on the Desktop a text code file
> > named as below.
> > linux-brprinter-installer-2.0.0.0-1
> > I don't know where this should go or how to get the driver installed and
> > working.
> > The Brother page above seems to indicate requirement to install lots of
> > programs that I don't have.

Just run the script (as root).  It should automatically download and install the relevant dotDEB
for your printer.

If not, then follow the manual procedure and examples