[clug] Cloud + rsync + backup

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 02:42:24 UTC 2015

On 3 August 2015 at 12:39, matt andrews <matt at mattandrews.id.au> wrote:
> I'd say it's really dependent on the nature of the data (rate/volume
> of change) and obviously factors like bandwidth. I've used values of
> one month and three months before, but it just comes down to your
> situation.

Add to this my level of paranoia of having to face a recovery that
consisted of downloading the original plus 30 diffs and crossing my
fingers that it all just works... With an encrypted FS there is no
chance of a partial recovery from what I know. It's a yes or no.

I'm sure you've tested recovering one of your daily? 3 month backup
incrementals? Easy process?