[clug] Video editing (editing out advertising from recorded television)

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:05:06 MDT 2015

Hi Norm

On 14/04/15 07:23, Norm Bakker wrote:
> I've  been using ProjectX to do this

This??   :)

Sorry, but it's unclear to me what you mean (I can be a bit thick).
Editing out ads? Ad detection? Logo removal?

> for some time. It is written in Java
> and is easily installed. Just download the jar from the website and use as
> is.
> Norm Bakker

I've added it to my list of solutions to try.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x/

I do have a virtual machine dedicated to java apps which might be the
place to test ProjectX - but I'm primarily interested in things I can
reliably deploy on a stable work box (from which java is banned).

Seems to be a number of open bug reports for Project X... do you find
any of those a problem?

<snipped>

Kind regards