[clug] OT Network-building

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Wed Apr 1 09:45:55 MDT 2015

I've read the second book in Doug Lowe's "Networking All-in-one For
Dummies", 4th edition.

That's a Windows-oriented tome. Its how-to instructions specify that
brand. Seeing a requirement to enter a Windows product key--I realised a
benefit of free Linux! Even the mention of Macintosh was perfunctory!

While reading this theory, I have been looking up jargon.

So I better appreciate cabling. Though I haven't yet applied the
knowledge in practice. But I did ping some IP addresses from my PC and
mobile phone.

When I network my printer, I will use a Web interface.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/