[clug] Linux Certification?

Steve Barnes steve at echo.id.au
Wed Sep 3 05:03:45 MDT 2014

You can pay $715 and sit just the RHCE exam. The Michael Jang book
covers pretty much everything, but imo, you will not pass the exam w/o a
decent amount of hands-on experience.

http://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex300-red-hat-certified-engineer-rhce-exam

http://www.amazon.com/RHCSA-RHCE-Red-Linux-Certification/dp/0071765654

Interesting anecdote - I sat the RHCT before it became RHCSA. RedHat
were kind enough to award me the RHCSA in light of how close the change
came to my sitting the exam. Fast forward 6 months and I sit (and pass)
the RHCE, expecting to feel all warm and fuzzy about my shiny 4 new
letters. However, RedHat don't actually consider the "grandfathered"
RHCSA as a qualifier to the RHCE. So despite them sending me a
congratulations email (and a rather fetching polo shirt), I would have
to shell out a further...$715 to formally pass the exam for a
certification they already gave me.

Let's just say I gave them 4+ choice letters of my own making in return.

Steve